April 12, 2011

Lab Goggle Headaches

If you're in any sort of science lab like I am, you probably own a pair of lab goggles.


These things are terrible.
Not only are they ugly as all get out, but they leave those horrid marks on your forehead and cheeks. 
It seemed that every Tuesday around 2, I got strange looks from people walking around campus. 

Goggle lines.

Over my 4 semesters of chemistry labs, I have finally found a way to mostly get rid of those lines.
Most students have their goggles suctioned to their face.  Not me.  Mine are so loose that if my ponytail wasn't there to support the strap, they would fall right off my face.  Ok, maybe not that loose, but they are loose enough to where I don't feel much pressure on my cheeks.  Even if I do have lines on my face right after I take my goggles off, they are usually gone by the time I get my things together and walk out of the building.
Students also complain about their goggles getting foggy during lab, but I think its because their skin doesn't have any breathing room with goggles so tight on their face.  My goggles haven't fogged up once since I loosened them.
So just a little tip, loosen up your goggles.  You'll have less deep goggle lines, less fog, and less headaches.

Shine this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment