April 10, 2011

New Blog. New Bible Study. Psalms 1 & 2.

Psalms is one of my favorite books of the bible! Almost every emotion and situation can be found within this passage of God's Word. 


So how about 2 chapters a day? Sounds good to me.

v. 6 "For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish."
Isn't it amazing that out of all of God's creation He takes care of, He chooses to watch over us? As if He wasn't busy enough to help us on our paths of righteousness! 

v. 11 "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling."
Not going to lie, this verse scares me. Rejoicing and trembling at the same time? Fear God? I've always struggled understanding the full meaning of fearing God. His Word relates "fear" to reverence, love, and responsibility. To fear God is that in order to have a relationship with Him, it is our responsibility to love and revere Him, just as we should love others whom we have relationships with. I pray this week that I will better understand what it means to fear the Lord. 

Shine this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment